Has Pops already got everything he needs and wants? We’ve got your back. Father’s day gifts can be tricky business, but if there’s one thing nobody can say “no” to, it’s a holiday!
They say that boys never really grow up, and Daddy dearest is no exception. This Father’s Day, treat the #1 man in your life to a vacation where he can indulge in all the sports he loves. Here are some travel ideas in Asia for some good ol’ quality time with Dad.
#1: A Golf Getaway
If he’s bored of the driving range and local courses, let your old man practice his putt at the scenic golf courses all over Asia! A new course means not just new challenges, but new sights to enjoy as well. Many of the golfing resorts in Indonesia, Vietnam, and the likes have won numerous awards, and are popular with the professional golfers too. If you think your dad won’t want to wake up extra early to travel out of the city to the resort, consider those that are either near the city center, or are “stay and play”—meaning they offer accommodation. They may cost more, but the premium you are paying will buy you a few more winks of sleep and relieve the stress that comes with arranging for transport.
- Ba Na Hills Golf Club, Da Nang, Vietnam
Address: An Son, Hoa Ninh Ward, Hoa Vang District, Da Nang City, Vietnam
Contact: +84 236 3924 888 / email@example.com
– 18-hole mountain course
– Features backdrops of native forests and greenery
– Designed by Luke Donald
– Newly launched lighting system for night golfing
- The Els Club Teluk Datai, Langkawi, Malaysia
Address: Jln Teluk Datai, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Contact: +60 (4) 959 2700 / firstname.lastname@example.org
– 18-hole rainforest course
– Award-winning championship course features spectacular vistas of mountain peaks, rainforests, and the Andaman Sea
– Designed by Ernie Els “The Big Easy”
– Don’t miss the course’s signature penultimate par-3 hole, which goes across a rocky ocean inlet
- Nirwana Bali Golf Resort, Indonesia
– 18-hole multi-terrain course
– The dramatic course landscape features rice paddies, streams, and a jungle, with three holes set on a clifftop overlooking the Indian Ocean
– Designed by Greg Norman
– Designer Greg Norman, on the signature 7th hole: “The 7th hole is especially challenging, requiring the golfer to hit a middle iron from the cliff side tee across a piece of the ocean to a scenic and well-guarded green.”
RELATED: Make sure you Instagram some wefies with Daddy for keepsake! Get UNLIMITED 4G high speed ChangiWiFi at as low as $5 / day*.
#2: A Fish Fight
Give Daddy a chance to flex those muscles and pit his strength against the most ferocious fish in Asia! If you’re an angler, you probably already know that Thailand is home to some of the world’s best game fish. In the waters surrounding Phuket, you have a chance of hooking up Marlin, giant trevally, tuna, swordfish, barracuda, sailfish and more. Their freshwater pond fish are not bad too: These include Chao Phraya giant catfish, giant Snakehead Toman fish, and the prehistoric Arapaima.
- Lakes and ponds (freshwater)
Address: 21/596, Soi 42, Navamin Rd., Bang Kapi, Bangkok 10240 Thailand
Contact: email@example.com / +66 38 090 979 or +669 7151 6688
Renowned for its giant fish—the giant Mekong catfish can grow up to over 100kg! We don’t know how your pops is going to reel that in, but we know he’ll definitely enjoy trying! Another popular catch is the elusive Siamese carp.
IT Lake Monster
Address: Ban Pong District, Ratchaburi 70110, Thailand
Contact: +66 85 999 9646
You can experience fishing Amazonian species at this spacious pond, which has Amazon Redtail Catfish, Asian Redtail Catfish, Barramundi, Pacu, Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Chao phraya Catfish, and more.
- Sea fishing (saltwater)
– Andaman Sea (around Phuket) : Go in November to April for sailfish, tuna, and giant trevally.
– Gulf of Thailand (around Pattaya, Koh Samui, and Koh Dao) : October to March is the best time to fish. Other than the above-mentioned fish, you may also land eagle rays, baracuda, and big-eyed trevally.
#3: Other Adventures
Not really into golfing or fishing? No problem. Here are some other outdoor adventure ideas:
Ready to embark on your adventure?
Reserve your ChangiWiFi router for UNLIMITED internet 24-7, at as low as $5/day*. Beat the queue and book those attraction tickets and day tours with us—no frills, no fuss.